Mahal Eco Campsite
The Mahal Eco Campsite is bestowed with rivers and bamboo glides, with excellent walking and trekking options. It is located on the banks of the Purna River, in the middle of the Purna Wildlife Sanctuary and is a part of the Dang Forest Division North. It is surrounded by a vast & rich forest laced with the Purna & Gira rivers. For an eco-tourist wanting to enjoy birds of moist deciduous forest mixed with bamboo, this is the best place to visit. It’s also near the Girmar Falls which offers a breathtaking view. Best time to visit the campsite is from October to March.
- Orientation Centre
- 4 AC Cottages with attached bath & toilet facilities
- Tented Accomodations with separate bathing & toilet facilities
- Separate Kitchen & Dining places
- Nature Trail
- Separate area for Campfire
- Beautiful two storey Machaans for landscape & wildlife viewing
- Can also have a night trail accompanied by a guide
Being a responsible nature lover is our way of showing reverence to Mother Earth, a few tips for you to remember –
- Make sure to visit the orientation centre first before you start exploring the campsite as that would give a good picture of what you are about to experience during your stay.
- Most of these Eco Campsites use electricity which is generated by using solar energy, hence please use it responsibly.
- No smoking whatsoever (cigarette butts cause many forest fires).
- No flash or intrusive photography (for example, don’t pluck leaves to clear a better view; reposition the camera instead).
- Do not carry any music system or sound making device along with you and remember to keep them switched off if you are driving around.
- Picking plants or insects is prohibited in any area; do not remove anything from the parks or sanctuaries.
- Do not indulge in any quick or sudden movements to scare off wildlife.
- Do not try going too close to the animals.
- No pets should accompany you.
- No littering. Trash is only to be disposed of in proper receptacles.
- No hunting devices or other weapons should be carried, as well as used.