The city of Bhavnagar is located in the Saurashtra Region of Gujarat. In the heart of this bustling urban city is the beautiful Nilambag Palace Hotel. In the year 1879, Maharaja Saheb Takhatsinhji of Bhavnagar commissioned the German architect, Simms to design the Nilambag Palace that for generations has remained the home of the erstwhile royal family of Bhavnagar. An imposing Rajula stone structure, the Palace was constructed with influences of Colonial architecture. Nilambag is a unique amalgamation of regal grandeur and functional magnificence.
This glorious relic of the opulent times of Maharajas and Maharanis was home to the Gohil clan. When India became independent in 1947, Maharaja Krishna Kumar Singhji became the first Indian ruler to hand over his kingdom and join sovereign India. In the year 1984 the palace was converted into a heritage hotel, in order to maintain and also share a historic monument.
The Gohil dynasty traces its roots to the Suryavanshi Rajputs of Udaipur in Mewar, having bifurcated in AD 1260. The first ruler Sejakji established his capital in Shihor, which flourished as a center for art and culture. Eventually, Bhavsinghji Gohil shifted the capital and established the kingdom of Bhavnagar in AD 1724. This city had the twin advantages of the sea being a defensive measure as well as a hub for maritime trade.
The port of Bhavnagar is a natural harbour and is surrounded by picturesque beauty, world famous temples and monumental edifices that reflect the rich heritage of a bygone era. Bhavnagar is also known as the cultural capital of Saurashtra, the southern region of Gujarat. At present, the erstwhile royal family is proactive in the functioning of two heritage hotels, one beach resort, three schools and a temple trust.
- Luxury room accommodation (room have large & Twin A/C bedrooms with well-appointed with attached bathroom bathtub/Tiled bathroom).
- Break Fast, Lunch and Dinner (Veg. & Non.Veg.) Subject to including meal plan.
- Free use of swimming pool, Health club and tennis at the exercise.
- Tea and coffee maker in palace room.
- Hot and cold running water
- Multi cuisine restaurant. (Indian, continental, Chinese and sea Food) Veg. / Non Veg.
- Doctor on call and steam bath with minor charges.